Joining Pye after the war, he successfully set up the TV and Radio Factory in Larne, Northern Ireland in 1948.
And repeated that success in Lowestoft in 1952 when he set up Pye’s major new TV factory there.
After the takeover of Ekco in 1961 he took over the running of their Southend site.
In 1967 he moved to Cambridge becoming a Main Board Director and acting as Peter Threlfall’s right hand man.
(He is seen here on the left with Jim Langford, Managing Director of Pye Engineering Services).